About the CITI
Interpretation is both an art and a science, requiring very specialized training. Our federally certified and highly experienced instructors, combined with our extensive curriculum, offer a level of quality not easily matched. The CITI is committed to providing students with individual attention. The CITI program is also an ideal way to prepare for state or federal certification, click here to learn why!
In 2018, the CITI will be offered as a hybrid program, with a series of webinars in June 2018 followed by two weeks of intensive, onsite instruction at the University of Arizona.
June 2018 Online + July 9 - 20, 2018 in Tucson, AZ | $2595
Over 100 hours of instruction! Including:
- 19+ hours of terminology building
- 13+ hours of simultaneous interpretation
- 12+ hours of consecutive interpretation
- 11+ hours of sight translation
- 10+ hours of evaluation
- 6+ hours of ethics and protocol
- Ideal way to prepare for court interpreter certification at all levels!
- June 2018 will present a series of webinars to introduce techniques and terminology that will be put into practice during the onsite training July 9-20
- Much of the institute is spent in the language laboratory and small group workshops
- Working closely with instructors and fellow students on simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and sight translation techniques and strategies
Lecture topics run the gamut of areas essential to working interpreters, from:
- Legal procedure
- Memory development techniques
- Note-taking skills
- Test preparation.
Objective of the CITI
- To provide maximum time-on-task to increase the benefit gained from practice sessions and critiques with faculty members.
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing is performed at the start and end of each institute, to give you a detailed analysis of how your language and interpreting skills have improved during the institute.
- CITI / MITI introduction video
- CITI sample schedule
- More information about the location and housing options, as well as other important stuff