About the CITI
Interpretation is both an art and a science, requiring very specialized training. Our federally certified and highly experienced instructors, combined with our extensive curriculum, offer a level of quality not easily matched. The CITI is committed to providing students with individual attention. The CITI program is also an ideal way to prepare for the FCICE, click here to learn why! It’s also an excellent preparation for state court oral tests!
July 3 - 21, 2017 | $2595 | Tucson, AZ
Over 120 hours of instruction! Including:
- 19+ hours of terminology building
- 13+ hours of simultaneous interpretation
- 12+ hours of consecutive interpretation
- 11+ hours of sight translation
- 10+ hours of evaluation
- 6+ hours of ethics and protocol
- Ideal way to prepare for court interpreter certification at all levels!
- Much of the institute is spent in the language laboratory and small group workshops
- Working closely with instructors and fellow students on simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and sight translation techniques and strategies
- Lab work is combined with lecture, maximizing the impact of both
Lecture topics run the gamut of areas essential to working interpreters, from:
- Legal procedure
- Memory development techniques
- Note-taking skills
- Test preparation.
Objective of the CITI
- To provide maximum time-on-task to increase the benefit gained from practice sessions and critiques with faculty members.
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing is performed at the start and end of each institute, to give you a detailed analysis of how your language and interpreting skills have improved during the institute.
- Please click here to see our CITI / MITI introduction video.
- Please click here to see a the CITI sample schedule.
- More information about the location, housing options, tuition awards, and other important stuff will be posted as soon as it becomes available.