About the CITI
Interpretation is both an art and a science, requiring very specialized training. Our federally certified and highly experienced instructors, combined with our extensive curriculum, offer a level of quality not easily matched. The CITI is committed to providing students with individual attention.
July 4 - 22, 2016 | $2595 | Tucson, AZ
- Much of the institute is spent in the language laboratory and small group workshops
- Working closely with instructors and fellow students on simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and sight translation techniques and strategies
- Lab work is combined with lecture, maximizing the impact of both
Lecture topics run the gamut of areas essential to working interpreters, from:
- Legal procedure
- Memory development techniques
- Note-taking skills
- Test preparation.
Objective of the CITI
- To provide maximum time-on-task to increase the benefit gained from practice sessions and critiques with faculty members.
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing is performed at the start and end of each institute, to give you a detailed analysis of how your language and interpreting skills have improved during the institute.