The University of Arizona's National Center for Interpretation (NCI) has been the premier provider of interpreter training and assessment since 1983. We can develop a training program to meet the needs of your agency. We can provide training to fit your needs in Tucson, onsite at your university, or online. Our exisiting workshop options range from introductory trainings to the highest caliber professional level training, such as our Court Interpreter Training Institute and Medical Interpreter Training Institute, both held each summer in Tucson, Arizona. We can bring these workshops to you, or we can tailor our training and assessments to your needs. NCI will work with you to develop a plan appropriate to your needs and means in a variety of formats:
- 2-,3-,4- or 5-day workshops
- Online interpreter training
- Training your staff to develop your own training and assessment program
- Competency testing for interpreters and bilingual staff who work with non-Spanish speakers
- Create a comprehensive, empirically based program of training and assessment for your teachers, interpreters and/or bilingual staff
NCI's practice-oriented training approach dramatically improves students' interpreting ability and advanced bilingual proficiency. Topics NCI typically teaches include:
Advanced ESL students
NCI can also work with the University of Arizona's Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) to customize training for advanced ESL students that combines English language instruction and translation/interpretation training, taking full advantage of their bilingual skills to maximize learning.
If you would like to bring our existing training to you, please visit our On-Demand Training page.
Contact for more information
+1 (520) 621-3615